2002 Ford Escape brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford Escape:

2002 Ford Escape Owner Comments

Mar 302012

Escape V6

In January of 2012 Ford recalled the ABS system on my car. They had said it had been previously recalled in 2007, the needed updates were made, but now they have a new update to ensure nothing will happen. At the end of the letter Ford recommended parking the car until the problem could be fixed. It is now April and I have not heard anything from them and my ABS light just come on last week. My husband was in contact with a Ford dealership nearest us and we were told the part would be in by the end of April at the absolute earliest but probably closer to mid-summer. We then contacted Ford headquarters as to why it was going to take so long. Their reply was that the parts had not been manufactured yet. Why would you send out a recall and not immediately start making the necessary parts to have it fixed?! We have asked for a rental car until this problem can be fixed because it is our only transportation and we were denied that request and told that the car was perfectly safe to drive. I am absolutely mortified with this company and I will never buy a Ford again nor will I recommend them to anyone. If anyone else has a problem with their ABS system PLEASE contact Ford headquarters and have a file opened. What they are doing is completely wrong!

- , Bridgewater Corners, VT, USA

Mar 132008

Escape ES 3.2L V6

This is a recall item and Ford have not fix. The Dealer are not helpful and will not do the recall work until Ford Motor call them back. What I'm getting is the big run round and that is ( BS )!!!!!!!!!! 7 days & counting.

- , Lithonia, GA, USA