2002 Ford Escape brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford Escape:

2002 Ford Escape Owner Comments

Sep 182004

Escape 6-cyl

Went in to a Ford dealership in garden grove, ca. I was getting a routine oil change and tire rotation. I was told I needed a complete brake overhall. I balked at the suggestion of the Ford associate. I stated "my Escape only has 23,000 miles on it and your telling me it needs new rotors, pads on the front, and shoes and drums in the rear". he looked straight at me and said yes you do. I went home took off the tire and discovered it to be true.. the brakes on my 2002 Escape are worn out after 23,000 miles. What kind of garbage is that. I'm not hard on my brakes either. If I have to replace them again at 43,000 miles I am going to be very pissed off. If it does happen. I will be trading it in, and it won't be for another Ford.

- Garden Grove, CA, USA

Nov 042003

Escape 4WD 6-cyl

When the brakes were applied there was a delay before the vehicle stopped. Dealer stated that vehicle needed rotors and pads replaced.

- San Mateo, CA, USA