6.0

1. clip came off (1 reports)
2002 Ford Escape clutch problems

clutch problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford Escape:

2002 Ford Escape Owner Comments

Dec 012015

Escape XLT V6

I purchased this vehicle from Granite Automotive in Rapid City, SD. I paid $4,395 for the used, high mileage car. I purchased this car November 13th, 2015. The day after I bought this car, I took it back to the dealership because the main bearing was out on the car. They go to fix it, and find there are problems with the tire rods and everything. I didn't have a car for three days waiting on them to fix it. Well, while they were under the car pulling things off, the clip in the clutch thing had came loose. Well, I am at our very busy Walmart parking lot here in Rapid City and I reverse out of my parking space and the car got stuck in reverse!!! I had an older gentleman help guide me to another parking space in reverse.

This was a horrible experience with a vehicle I had just purchased.

- , Rapid City, SD, USA