8.0

2002 Ford Escape engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford Escape:

2002 Ford Escape Owner Comments

Oct 252012

Escape XLT 3.0L V6

First, I got a check engine light saying that cylinder 5 was misfiring. Replaced the coil pack and it went away. A couple months later my wife pulled out of the driveway and there was a loud pop and the engine sounded like it had a bad exhaust leak. Only it wasn't. I pulled off the intake manifold and found the number 3 cylinder had blown out the spark plug and shot it straight into the $80 coil pack above it, of course, destroying it. Unfortunately there were no more threads left in the spark plug hole. I had to heli-coil it but now it's misfiring again.

- , Portsmouth, VA, USA

Sep 172011

Escape XLT 3.0L

we have had this problem for over a year now with cylinder #6 misfiring, we have changed the coil packs, spark plugs, boots, and checked every way we could think of to fix this problem. we are hearing from different sources that it may be in the wireing. please if anyone else has had this problem, let me know the solution, im so ready to sell this car or trade it in

- , Pioneer, OH, USA