8.7

2. remove heads and rethread all of the spark plug holes (1 reports)
  3. rethread #6 spark plug hole (1 reports)
2002 Ford Escape engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford Escape:

2002 Ford Escape Owner Comments

Mar 262015

Escape XLT 3.0L V6

click to see larger images

spark plug ejected spark plug ejected spark plug ejected spark plug ejected spark plug ejected

Extreme Cost for an Aluminum Motor... Fix Or Repair Daily! ...is right... Never going to a Dealer again for repairs!

- , Eastanollee, GA, USA

Mar 302015

Escape XLT 3.0L V6

Getting rid of this vehicle...the SUV is a Transverse mounted Pain-in the Butt... Simple Tune-Up Costs $400 plus labor...replacing Coils, Plugs, and Diagnostic... You have to remove the Plenum /intake just to get to the rear plugs (3)...and Heaven help you if you just want to change the Air Filters ... Give me back the days of carburetors and distributors...the new "engineered" cars and trucks are a royal PITA to maintain...

- , Eastanollee, GA, USA

Jul 272014

Escape XLT 3.0L V6

Obviously it was extremely annoying, and possibly very dangerous.

I was returning home from vacation, on a Sunday. No place open to even attempt to get this resolved easily. I had 1 spark plug eject on the road. Absolutely no warning of any issue until, I heard a sound under the vehicle, checked my dash panel and saw the engine light. Fortunately I stopped immediately and called for road service. I had to be towed over 200 miles to get home and drop the vehicle off at my mechanic. He discovered that a 2nd plug was about to come out. It's my understanding that due to this problem it could have also caused an engine fire. Ford needs to get this issue resolved! I don't care if it is aluminum engines or the short threaded plugs, etc. FIX IT! I have been a loyal Ford owner for the majority of my whole driving life. Pintos, Fairlaines, Aerostars, Mustangs, and now my Escape. And unfortunately, my Escape has had the most recalls!

- , Parma, OH, USA