8.0

2002 Ford Escape engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford Escape:

2002 Ford Escape Owner Comments

Dec 122009

Escape LS 3.2L V6

I went to the dealer to perform three recalls for my Ford Escape 2002 in Fort Collins Colorado and I was refused the services because I am a Black person. They believe that Blacks should pay for the services eventhough their vehicles are part of those recalls. I already filed a complaint with NHTSA and I am waiting for their investigation. My engine stalled during a deceleration process and the steering wheel turned to the opposite side of the road and I did manage it to avoid a car crash. I swear to God, Ford will perform those recalls, for I will not pay for any manufacturing's defects on this truck. They stated that my car is not covered through their plant numbers. We will see ok..

- , Fort Collins, CO, USA

Jun 012009

Escape XLT 3.0L V6

My 2002 Ford Escape stalls out when the car is in park. When you are sitting at a stop light, it feels like it is going to stall out but then regains itself. Will never by a ford escape or any ford car again.

- , Park Forest, IL, USA