2002 Ford Escape seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford Escape:

2002 Ford Escape Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Nov 232002

On my new Ford Escape 2002 bought 8-2002. My gas pedal stuck, my brakes were leaking fluid my ignition has broke. My passanger side rear door will not open or close properly and has opened while the vehicle is in motion. There is a vibration in my left front end and my air bag warning light stays on at times my driver side saftey restraint has sheared and had to be replaced

- Chehalis, WA, USA

Sep 272002

On 9/27/02 I was involved in a collision where I ran a stop sign and "T-boned" a passing car that was traveling through the intersection. My 2002 Escape was totaled - the front end completely collapsed. Every officer, paramedic, and fireman was amazed that the air bag failed to deploy. They all instructed me to contact the manufacturer regarding this matter. As this is my second Escape (the first one sucked a valve within the first week of ownership), I will no longer trust Ford to provide a safe mode of transportation for myself or my family members.

- Upland, CA, USA

Feb 012002

After new sensor installed for airbag, another electrical component had an error.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Dec 112001

Engine stalled while driving downhill. Was either braking or decelerating by letting up on gas. Check engine, airbag, and possibly oil lights came on. Power steering and brakes failed. Was able to pull off the road and stop vehicle with hand brake. Shifted vehicle into park and restarted. Had been driving for approx. 1/2 hour (15 miles). Weather was cool and clear.

- San Diego, CA, USA