2002 Ford Escape seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford Escape:

2002 Ford Escape Owner Comments

Aug 262005

Air bag light came on I was told it was several different problems on several different occasions all resulting in the dealer replacing my safety harness which was oh by the way not covered under the electrical wiring extended warranty. They replaced the safety harness and guess what the air bag light is back on. I was told it would happen every time I adjust the seat. ( a defect in design).

- Fairfax, VA, USA

Jan 262007

I have a 2002 Ford Escape with the same problems with the air bag light. The air bag light began blinking then it would stay on. I believe it has to do with the side air bag connectors under the driver seat. I have tried cleaning them with contact cleaner. The light will go off but will come back on sometime later. The light comes on every time I start the engine or just have in the żonż position. I believe this is a safety issue and should be recalled!!!

- Mondovi, WI, USA

Sep 162002

Escape 6-cyl

When consumer pulled into the intersection, the vehicle was hit at the front wheel well area, and the side airbags failed to deploy, which caused injury to the driver.

- Upland, CA, USA