3.4

2003 Ford Escape accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Ford Escape:

2003 Ford Escape Owner Comments

Jun 052007

Escape 4WD

I was in my driveway after running errands and decided to wash pollen off car. Driver's side door was open, so I just "sprinkled" water on the car and when it hit the sunroof, I heard a pop. Looking at top of sunroof I saw nothing unusual. When I opened the inside roof, I saw the glass was all splintered. As I closed the driver's door, the glass all fell onto the inside roof. Guy at Ford told me I must've had a crack in the sunroof & when the water hit, it shattered. My windshield did have a crack in it, and that didn't shatter so that blows that theory! 70 degrees that day.

- Warwick, RI, USA

Nov 242003

Escape

The sunroof completely shattered. The consumer stated pieces of glass fell into the front seat. Dealer has been contacted.

- Gainesville, GA, USA