2. the Escape is a junk car, don't buy it (1 reports)
2003 Ford Escape engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Ford Escape:

2003 Ford Escape Owner Comments

May 062013

Had no problems with the car until recently. Was driving home from work and the car just died! Luckily could pull off to side of road and restart. Put in new alternator after having it tested. About a month later car dies 2 more times. Alternator tested fine. At wit's end on what to do. Hate to put more money into it. Always wondering where you'll be when car dies again. Thinking about junking it and buying something else.

- , Madison, IN, USA

Jun 102006

Escape XLT

I purchase my 2003 ford escape from our local dealer (Hallock, MN) as insisted by my new boss to promote business in my new work place. On the first winter I had the car, the engine broke down and one of the elctrical part had to be replace, later I got a letter from Ford the my car had been recall for another problem. Memorial day weekend as I was driving, I suddenly heard a noise in my engine and my car died in the middle of the highway, I had my local dealer check my car and I was told the motor broke and said because I spin which did not happen at the time my car broke, instead of helping me fix the car, the local dealer instead trying to sell me another junk car. of course I was upset and would never deal with them again. It just happen that I lost my warranty 45 days ago. I am sure our local dealer made a lot of money from this junk car. I am bitter abot it but also glad to get rid of this junk car.

- , Hallock, MN, USA