2003 Ford Escape engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Ford Escape:

2003 Ford Escape Owner Comments

Feb 182011

Escape

I JUST PURCHASED A 2003 FOR ESCAPE FROM SUMMIT AUTO INC. IN WATERFORD, PA, ON FEBRUARY 7TH, 2010. ON FEBRUARY 18TH THE CAR SARTED ACCELERATION EVERYTIME I BRAKES. THE RPM WENT UP SO HIGH AND IT WOULDNT GO DOWN. I TOOK THE CAR TO GET FIXED SPEND $210 AND THREE DAYS LATER THE PROBLEM STARTED AGAIN. I CALLED FORD DEALER AND THE VIN NUMBEROF MY CAR IS NOT A RECALL, BUT HOW COME IM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM. I NEED SOME HELP I FINANCED THE CAR AND SPEND ALREADY OVER A THOUSANDS DOLLARS ALREADY ON REPAIRS AND I HAVENT HAD IT FOR A MONTH YET.

- , Erie, PA, USA

Feb 182011

Escape

MY CAR AGAIN ATARTED ACCELARATING AND TOKE IT TO GET SERVICE. TAKING IT TO FORD TO GET IT CHECK I BELIEVE MY CAR MIGHT BE A RECALL

WHEN THE CAR IS ON PARK THE RPM IS ON 4...THE CAR IS VERY ACCELERATED.

- , Erie, PA, USA

Sep 222003

Escape XLT

when car was placed in drive it took of like a rocket. the brakes would not stop it or even slow it down. could not have foot on gas both feet on brake pedal

- , Roanoke, AL, USA