9.0

$2,567.00

1. replace at $3000.00 (2 reports)
  3. replace converters ata cost of more than $2000.00 (1 reports)
2003 Ford Escape exhaust system problems

exhaust system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Ford Escape:

2003 Ford Escape Owner Comments

Feb 142014

Escape V6

Water seems to be what causes this issue. We had the same problem a couple of years ago with our 2001 Escape. Our 2003 Ford Escape, after a heavy rain, sputtered and jerked on starting. The engine warning light was blinking, there was no power in the acceleration, and there was a strong burning smell. We were stranded 2 hours from home and had to have a local mechanic look at it. He said the O2 sensor was destroyed and that had caused the catalytic converters to clog. He'd never seen anything like it. All three converters had to be replaced. He was able to do it aftermarket for about half the cost ($3000) of using manufacturer parts (about $7000). That was 8 months ago. Guess what started happening this morning after a night of heavy rain? That's right, we're about to spend another $3000 on this money pit. We will never buy another Ford.

- , Burlington, KY, USA

May 242012

Escape Limited

First I had the Coils changed. Then I had the back Cat changed. Now they say the 2 front cats have to be changed.. Its just not right. Ford should do something about this,.. I will not buy Ford again

- , Bronx, NY, USA

Jan 062012

Escape XLT 3.2L

I have 2 of the 2003 Escapes. The 1st one had to have the cats replaced at 45000 mi covered under warranty. The 2nd one's cats failed at 8 years 2 days and 84000 mi. Over the warrant by 4000 mi and two days. Because of this, I must now pay $3000.00 to have it repaired.

- , Monroe Township, NJ, USA

Jan 062012

Escape XLT 3.2L

This car the catalytic converters failed at 40000 mi. and were covered under warranty

- , Monroe Township, NJ, USA