2.2

2003 Ford Escape miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Ford Escape:

2003 Ford Escape Owner Comments

Sep 152016

Escape

I pulled into work at 7:00 am 9/15/16 and at 9:00 am a fellow working told be my window was blown out. It look like it blew from the inside out.

- Lapeer, MI, USA

Feb 012013

Escape

The ash gold paint is bubbling all over the outside roof rear door sides (all over) the car to include the interior. The roof has rusted and Ford won't do anything. I went to two Ford dealers in san diego and called Ford direct. The passed me over to the highway safety admin hotline that told me to call Ford, they will handle the complaint. Everyday more paint peels off.

- Spring Valley, CA, USA

Nov 202012

Escape

I entered my car to see the dash board lights were illuminated even with car in off poistion and key removed. Tried starting car and there was no response. Tried several times and eventually got car to start. Drove several blocks, parked and the car and even after removing key, could not get car to turn off. After several attempts, the car turned off. I could hear what sounded like a fan running in the area near my break fluid. After letting the car sit for about 2 hours, I needed to drive home. I drove serveral hundred yards before I started to smell burning rubber. When I saw black smoke coming from under my hood I pulled off the road. The flames started to get bigger. I call 911 but they did not arrive in time to save the car. The car was engulfed in flames. The engine and interitor were torched. Cause of fire has yet to be determined.

- Venice, CA, USA

Dec 202006

Escape 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2003 Ford Escape. Three months after the vehicle was purchased, the contact noticed a block of paint chipping off of the hood. Weeks later, the condition became progressively worse. The paint began bubbling and chipping excessively. When the contact attempts to wash the vehicle the paint will come off. She is in the process of notifying the manufacturer. The failure mileage was 74,000 and current mileage is 100,000. Update 06/10/08 updated 06/10/08

- Millbrook, AL, USA

Jun 012004

Escape 6-cyl

I am not sure if this is a defect, but seems to me with a 2003 SUV should not have paint chipping off (very small ), so I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem. 2003 Ford Escape.

- Indianapolis, IN, USA

Oct 152003

Escape

When the temperature is warmer, the Escape intermittedly will not start. Takes anywhere from 4 to 7 times of cranking before SUV starts. Occured first in Aug., the Ford shop reprogrammed the computer. One month later doesn't start again. Ford shop left ticket open because they can't find problem. In October, happens again. Now they have installed a piece of equipment that I have to push a button as I'm cranking if the car doesn't start. The piece of equipment is only good for 1 week, have to keep going in to have it reset.

- Dubuque, IA, USA