6.2

2. check sensor power cable under driver seat and front seat (2 reports)
2003 Ford Escape seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Ford Escape:

2003 Ford Escape Owner Comments

Sep 032015

Escape Limited 3.2L V6

I just bought this vehicle and the little guy with the seat belt on and the air bag in front of him is flashing. I JUST BOUGHT this vehicle, I just want to know how to fix it without it costing an arm or a leg to do so or can i fix it myself?

- , Saint Joseph, MO, USA

Feb 072012

Escape

Why they keep comin on and off. i have spend too much money in this truck to get it serviced if i don't have too. Why is my seat belt and airbag light is on? Why is the compartment of the airbag in the passenger seat looks the lid is coming off in one corner. The truck have not been in an accident since i bought it.... HELP!!

- , Erie, PA, USA

Aug 312011

Escape LX V6

I bought the Escape used for a GREAT price. Drove it for around a month and a half. Then this light pops on with this lil dude in it. I didn't know what it was. I had to look in my manual to find out what it meant. It was the passenger side airbag. I was like well wtf!

- , Owensboro, KY, USA

Sep 072006

Escape XLT 3.0L

After 74,000 miles and 3 years of use,my ford escape started showing the air bag light on and blinking, I talked to a mechanic that works at our local ford dealer and he advised me to unplug and plug back in the wires under both front seats.That solved the problem but after 6 months the light came back on, since them I'm still plugging and unplugging those wires under the seat. I`m still fixing the air bag this way , because to fix it they, charge $800,00 and only 30 days to go back, if the light goes on again. So, other than this problem I have 124,898 miles on my escape and its working good.

- , Ponce, PR, Puerto Rico

Apr 152009

Escape V6

very aggravating as i cannot pass my inspection until the problem is solved and im not paying ford a bunch of money to go in and erase it from my system

- , Jacksonville, NC, USA

Sep 012006

Escape XLT Sport 3.0L V6

This problem comes and goes. I have fiddled with the connection under the drivers seat, it does not make it stay away. The light flashes sequentially first, I think it's (4 - pause - 7) repeating, then it's on solid. Not sure what the cause is.

This Vehicle also has had 3 recalls on it. Not so I'll buy another Ford.

- , Maple Ridge, BC, Canada

Jul 092008

Escape XLS 3.0L V6

just check the wire under the driver seat and front passenger seat and press the wire together to make sure there locked together because if it a bit loose it might show as a problem with your air bags

- , Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Dec 012008

Escape Limited V6

air bag light stays on all the time .now i gets a beeping sound.

- , chesapeake, va, USA