1. replace frame (1 reports)
2003 Ford Escape steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Ford Escape:

2003 Ford Escape Owner Comments

Dec 262015

Escape XLS 3L V6

The day after Christmas 2015, I was driving home from work through a rough part of town when I suddenly lost control of my car. I was only two miles from my home but knew I could not make it. I had to call a tow truck and eventually had it towed to a Ford dealership where they said the subframe had corroded and the control arm separated from the subframe. After waiting 2.5 weeks to hear back from Ford, they will not install a new subframe, only adding a reinforcement cross-brace. I have read online that this cross-brace does not provide much support.

Anyone with similar issues? The car was included in the recall #14s02