3.1

2003 Ford Escape suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Ford Escape:

2003 Ford Escape Owner Comments

May 122008

Escape

I have a 2003 Ford Escape that I just took to the dealer for repair. The replaced the bushings in the upper and lower control arms as they were coming out. I ask the dealer about the problem, and was told they had seen it before. Rare but had seen it. Seems to me if the bushings come out of the control arms an accident could occur. Seems to me to be a quality problem that Ford is ignoring. I did have the car repaired at my expense. Hopefully this only occurs once. It all started with a "clunk" noise in the front end as you go over a drive way.

- Livonia, MI, USA