Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2004 Ford Escape looks pretty good compared to other Ford Escape model years, but still has a trend of transmission problems, and engine problems from the NHTSA complaint data — so it's not a model year we can recommend.

2004 Ford Escape body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Ford Escape:

2004 Ford Escape Owner Comments

Apr 172005

Escape 6-cyl

While driving home from having a few drinks with my friends, a deer ran out in front of me and although I slammed on the brakes, I couldn't stop quick enough to avoid hitting the deer and smashing in the grill of my new car. When the state patrol arrived, they gave me a ticket for speeding and after I told them that I was not speeding when I hit the deer, (I had gotton the speed down to about 60mph at impact) they then wanted me to take a alcohol impaired test which I naturally declined because I wasn't impaired. I only had just a few drinks and maybe some beer & wine at dinner and maybe 2 drinks before I left to go home. They then proceeded to arrest me like a common crook and took me to jail, where I had to spend the night. Anyways, my insurance company refuses to fix my new car and now the car company refuses to fix it also. This car is a piece of junk. If it had been made good, it wouldn't have sustained all that damage from hitting a lousy deer. While trying to fix the damage myself, my friend joey put some gas on the grill and lit it to soften up the plastic junk they made the grill out of, so we could bend it back together and J.B. weld it. Well, joey got some of the hot melted plastic on him and it burned like hell and he jumped up and knocked over the jar with gas in it and the whole place went up in flames. My car not only burned, but my garage went up in smoke too. Now the insurance company is telling me that they won't pay the claim for the garage or the car cause it looks like arson for profit. How in the hell can I profit from losing my car and garage. Joeys pissed, and has threatened to sue me cause he got burned and thinks he should get some of the insurance money I thought I was going to get since he's the one that started the fire. Shouldn't I be sueing him" anyway, if the damn car had been made good, I wouldn't be in this fix. Now I haven't got anything to drive and no place to park it if I did. This really sucks. Is there anyone I can sue"

- Hamilton, , NJ, USA