Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2004 Ford Escape looks pretty good compared to other Ford Escape model years, but still has a trend of transmission problems, and engine problems from the NHTSA complaint data — so it's not a model year we can recommend.

1. keep paying 500.00 to replace rotors, every two years (1 reports)
2004 Ford Escape brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Ford Escape:

2004 Ford Escape Owner Comments

Feb 262009

Escape V6

At 25,000 miles my rotors had worn out and it cost 500+ to repair. At 50,000 miles my rotors were shot again and they need to be replaced at a cost of 500+ once again. If I keep this Escape for 10 years, it will cost me an additional $2,500.00 just to keep the brakes working. I was told by ford that that is how cars are made now, because they cannot use asbestos anymore. Now that's a line of _ _ _ _, if I ever heard one. Oh did I mention that I also needed a tune up and front end work on this visit. Now that's a figure that can impact any economy. Well, maybe that's why Ford has not asked for a bail out, cause they just suck it out of the customer.

- , Kailua, HI, USA