CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004 Ford Escape looks pretty good compared to other Ford Escape model years, but still has a trend of transmission problems, and engine problems from the NHTSA complaint data — so it's not a model year we can recommend.

2.1

2004 Ford Escape electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Ford Escape:

2004 Ford Escape Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Oct 142005

Escape

Consumer 2004 Ford Escape stalled at slow speeds, especially when turning the steering wheel. The consumer was awarded a repurchase of her 2004 Ford Escape after arbitration due to the stalling problem.

- Asheville, NC, USA

Mar 052005

Escape 6-cyl

Complaint received via E-mail."my wife and I purchased a 2004 Escape last year, and we have just lost the vehicle to a fire. Unfortunately, my entire 5,000 sq. Ft. barn is totally destroyed as well, and I nearly lost my home. She parks her Escape in an opening in our detached barn to keep it out of the weather. On the morning of 3/5/05 (4:45 am), I woke to a glow in the window, finding that my barn was totally engulfed in flames. When I first discovered the fire, the flames were contained to the area of the barn where her Escape was parked. The fire spread quickly, and we lost the structure and the Escape. Local fire investigators are looking at the Escape as the cause of fire. They believe the wiring may have ignited while sitting idle (not running). I found many instances on the internet where some Ford models have caught fire while sitting idle, but I haven't found any reference to the Escape. Can you advise if you have history of such fires with the Escape? I appreciate any information you can provide. My insurance company will begin an investigation tomorrow, and I am trying to collect as much information on spontaneous fires on Ford products, especially the Escape.

- Trenton, OH, USA