- May 3: No Recall For Ford F-150 Brake Pedal Problems investigations | 1 days ago
- April 27: Ford Recalls 285,000 Cars and SUVs in 5 Recalls recalls | 7 days ago
- April 12: Ford F-150 SuperCab Takes Top Crash Test Award news | 22 days ago
- March 31: Ford Recalls 48,000 Vehicles in 3 Recalls recalls | 34 days ago
- March 20: Ford Trucks Won't Be Recalled For Stalling Problems investigations | 45 days ago
NHTSA — Service Brakes, Hydraulic: Antilock Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005 Escape has problems where the engine shuts down while driving. Ford finally issued a September 2014 recall. Time will tell if the recall fix really solves the problem.
However the 2005 Escape also has a defect where the PCM (Power Control Module) fries at around 100k miles. Ford extended the PCM warranty to 80,000 miles, but only after most owners were past the mileage limit. Now owners are on the hook for the average repair cost of over $2,000 (!!)
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 11,812 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.