- August 7: France Finds Emissions Problems in 86 Vehicle Models news | 17 days ago
- August 4: Ford Recalls 830,000 Vehicles to Keep the Doors Closed When Driving recalls | 20 days ago
- July 8: Ford Explorer Exhaust Smells Investigated investigations | 47 days ago
- June 29: Ford Recalls 8,500 Cars, Trucks, Vans and SUVs recalls | 56 days ago
- June 7: Sports Car Crash-Test Ratings All Over the Place news | 78 days ago
NHTSA — Electrical System: Ignition: Anti-Theft Controller Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005 Escape has problems where the engine shuts down while driving. Ford finally issued a September 2014 recall. Time will tell if the recall fix really solves the problem.
However the 2005 Escape also has a defect where the PCM (Power Control Module) fries at around 100k miles. Ford extended the PCM warranty to 80,000 miles, but only after most owners were past the mileage limit. Now owners are on the hook for the average repair cost of over $2,000 (!!)
2.7hardly worth mentioning
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 53,327 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.