- January 25: Ford Fiesta and Focus Transmission Lawsuit Filed After Complaints
- January 20: Ford Trucks Investigated After Reports of Stalling Engines
- January 1: Ford Recalls Escape and Lincoln MKC SUVs
- December 18: Ford Recalls 500,000 Mustangs To Fix Exploding Airbags
- December 4: Ford Recalls Mustang Sports Cars and Transit Connect Cargo Vans
2005 Ford Escape
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005 Escape has problems where the engine shuts down while driving. Ford finally issued a September 2014 recall. Time will tell if the recall fix really solves the problem.
However the 2005 Escape also has a defect where the PCM (Power Control Module) fries at around 100k miles. Ford extended the PCM warranty to 80,000 miles, but only after most owners were past the mileage limit. Now owners are on the hook for the average repair cost of over $2,000 (!!)
Worst 2005 Escape engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- engine shutdown while driving22
- engine cutting in and out6
- engine knock4
- died when put into gear3
- motor blew3
- rough idle and hesitation on acceleration2
- high pitched squeal on cold start1
- ice buildup around throttle1
- takes off at high rate of speed1
- turns over but won't start1
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control105
- NHTSA: Engine65
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling62
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Accelerator Pedal17
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine15
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline2
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Cables2
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Cruise Control2
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Escape Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Escape compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Escape overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Escape.