- April 11: Ford Recalls 435,000 Escapes For Rusted Subframes
- March 4: Ford Agrees to Fix 1,600,000 Cars That 'Limp Home'
- February 8: Ford Wants Class-Action Lawsuit Thrown Out
- February 6: Congrats Chrysler! Most Recalls of 2013
- February 5: Investigation Closed Into Steering Gear Problems in Ford Trucks
2005 Ford Escape
Worst 2005 Escape engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- engine shutdown while driving15
- died when put into gear3
- engine knock3
- motor blew2
- ice buildup around throttle1
- rough idle and hesitation on acceleration1
- takes off at high rate of speed1
- won't start1
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control86
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling59
- NHTSA: Engine47
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine15
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Accelerator Pedal15
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline2
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Cables2
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Cruise Control2
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Escape Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Escape compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Escape overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Escape.