9.0

$3,200.00

1. repair rust spots and paint (4 reports)
2006 Ford Escape body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Ford Escape:

2006 Ford Escape Owner Comments

Jan 012014

Escape Limited V6

SO I BOUGHT THIS CAR BRAND NEW. ITS FULLY LOADED TOP OF THE LINE. 2006 FORD ESCAPE WITH ONLY 47000 MILES ON IT. 8 YEARS OLD. I OPENED THE REAR SIDE DOOR ON THE DRIVERS SIDE THE OTHER DAY AND LOW AND BEHOLD THE WHEEL WELL IS RUSTED RIGHT THROUGH!! WENT AROUND TO THE OTHER SIDE AND SAME THING, RIGHT IN THE SAME AREA!! THIS CAR HAS PLASTIC MOLDINGS THE SAME COLOR AS THE CAR...RED... AND WHEN THE DOOR IS CLOSED, YOU CANT SEE IT. TOOK IT TO MY LOCAL FORD DEALER TO SEE ABOUT GETTING IT FIXED. I COULD TELL THEY WERE NOT SURPRISED WHEN THEY SAW THE RUSTING THROUGH. TOTAL TO FIX BOTH SIDES...$1600.00.

WENT TO A PRIVATE BODY SHOP IN TOWN. WHEN THE GUY CAME OUT TO DO THE ESTIMATE, HE WENT RIGHT TO THE CAR AND LOOKED UP UNDER THE REAR OF THE CAR BY THE REAR WHEEL. TOLD ME I WAS LUCKY. MOST OF THE FORD ESCAPES HAVE THE UPPER REAR SHOCK MOUNTS RUSTED THROUGH AND THE SHOCKS ARE READY TO FALL OFF!! MINE ARE NOT RUSTED AT ALL. HE TOLD ME THAT HE DOES AT LEAST 2-4 ESCAPES A MONTH FOR THE RUST AROUND THE WHEEL WELLS AND THE UPPER REAR SHOCK MOUNTS. COST AT THIS BODY SHOP TO FIX BOTH SIDES...$1000.00. HE SAID ITS A SHAME THAT A CAR WITH THAT LOW OF MILES ON IT HAS A RUST PROBLEM. AND FORD KNOWS ABOUT IT. THATS WHY THEY CHANGED THE DESIGN OF THE BODY ON LATER YEARS. NOT A COMPLETE BODY DESIGN CHANGE. NEWER ESCAPES UP TO 2012, HAVE THAT AREA OF THE WHEEL WELL EXPOSED SO IT DOESNT RUST OUT. IN THIS DAY AND AGE WITH ALL THE ADVANCEMENTS IN THE AUTO INDUSTRY YOU WOULD THINK THE BODYS WOULD LAST IF TAKEN CARE OF, BUT I GUESS NOT.

SO WHAT AM I GOING TO DO? WELL THE LONGER I WAIT THE WORSE IT IS GOING TO GET. AND ONCE REPAIRED, IT WONT LAST. THIS CAR HAD A STICKER PRICE OF $31,000.00. SOME VALUE!

- , Grand Rapids, MI, USA

Sep 052013

Escape LX V6

Rear passenger wheel well rusted through. No rust on other 3 wheel wells at all. Took it to ford and told them one of my wheel wells is rusted out. They told me they never heard of this. I called the guy a liar and he said "wait is it the rear passenger wheel well?". They went to ford and ford offered no assistance. They then told me they wouldn't do the repair. I called numerous places to get the repair done and no one will even touch it. Every one I've called said "Oh, is it the rear passenger wheel well?". Sounds like a major problem to me. Every place (other than ford) told me the panel for this repair is on back order for 2004-2007 models.

- , Kankakee, IL, USA

Oct 232011

Escape XLT V6

Door jambs behind the rear doors and wheel wells rusted through! Ford, sorry you're out of warranty but keep checking to see if we ever recall or have a class action law suit against us. Hey, but we do believe in customer satisfaction.

- , Akron, OH, USA

Aug 202010

Escape

My 2006 garage kept Ford Escape has severe enough corrosion on the bottoms of each of the drivers side doors and the bottom edge of the hatch that the doors and hatch have to be replaced.

Lucky for me I have a third party rust warranty on surface rust. But why should my 4 year old vehicle have this issue?

- , Glendale, AZ, USA

Oct 102010

Escape XLT V6

how can a two year old car have rust coming on the bottom of all five doors. the four side doors have the large plastic moldings on the bottom of the doors. are they retaining water or is this a draining problem.the tailgate door was rusted on the inside and the outside on the left side of the door. two years latter, the drivers door and the tailgate door is rusted again. the tailgate is really bad. is there a recall or a defect in workmanship from the factory or was the body shop work not good. this time the dealer made me wait about one month to get back to me only to tell me that i would have to pay half the cost.what the hell is going on? i like the car and this is the only problem that i have.

- , Harvard, IL, USA

Sep 012010

Escape

click to see larger images

corrosion corrosion corrosion corrosion

I am having a corrosion problem with 2006 Ford Escape and the Ford Corrosion Warranty. I never use the moon roof and keep the sliding cover inside the vehicle closed. Last month, during a rain storm, water started pouring onto my wife's head (she was driving). Opened the inside cover and noticed the moon roof was rusted out on all 4 corners and severe rust also on the inside and outside of the roof panel.

To make a long story short, after dealing with Ford and the local dealer, I am told the vehicle is not covered under the 5-year Corrosion warranty as there is no HOLE. I was also told by the dealer (passing along info from Ford), that a hole must be in a body panel and the roof panel is not condsidered a body panel . (Never heard of such nonsense before). The hole must also be from the inside out according to Ford supervisor I talked to at Ford Customer Service 800 #.

Currently awaiting final resolution from Ford. Bottom line, Ford is telling me a vehicle with SEVERE rust , under 5 years old. and with less than 50000 miles is not covered under the Corrosion Warranty. Final resolution by Ford will make my decision as to whether I ever buy a Ford again.

- , Miramar Beach, FL, USA