Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: With solid trends of engine failure — $4,500 to fix at 85,000 miles avg — AND transmission failure — $3,000 to fix at 75,000 miles avg — we can't recommend the 2006 Ford Escape to anyone except your worst enemy.

2006 Ford Escape body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Ford Escape:

2006 Ford Escape Owner Comments

Aug 042014

There seems to be a problem with being able to open my trunk door. A while ago, something like August 2014, I went to open the trunk to put groceries in and it wouldn't open. Tried locking and unlocking again. Nothing worked. So I went a few week without being able to open the trunk. One day I decided to try it again and it worked. But now, January 2015, I tried opening my trunk the other day to take the groceries out of there and it wouldn't open again. I still cant open it so I think im gonna have to take it to a mechanic. Also the handle on the rear right door seems to be loose.

- Abbotsford, WA, USA