- May 28: Hawaii Sues Ford, Nissan and Toyota Over Takata Airbags news | 2 days ago
- May 25: Ford Recalls F-150, Explorer and Super Duty Over Bad Welds recalls | 5 days ago
- May 25: Ford Recalls Trucks With Aftermarket Door Handle Covers recalls | 5 days ago
- May 22: Ford Explorer Carbon Monoxide Fumes Plague Police news | 8 days ago
- May 16: Ford Antifreeze Leak Recall May Not Be Good Enough news | 14 days ago
NHTSA — Power Train: Automatic Transmission Problems
2006 Ford Escape (Page 1 of 2)
CarComplaints.com Notes: With solid trends of engine failure — $4,500 to fix at 85,000 miles avg — AND transmission failure — $3,000 to fix at 75,000 miles avg — we can't recommend the 2006 Ford Escape to anyone except your worst enemy.
2.3hardly worth mentioning
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 68,580 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.