Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2007 Ford Escape looks pretty good compared to other Ford Escape model years, but still has a trend of transmission problems, so it's not a model year we can recommend.

Also the base model Escape did not come with side airbags so it received a "Poor" rating from the IIHS for side impact protection. Other similar 2007 models like the Toyota RAV4, Honda CR-V & Hyundai Santa Fe scored far better.

2007 Ford Escape seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Ford Escape:

2007 Ford Escape Owner Comments

Sep 302013

Escape 6-cyl

While driving home from work in heavy traffic, the drivers side air bag deployed, striking me in the face, breaking my eye glasses and completely obstructing my vision with the inflated air bag. I slowed some by gauging my speed by the cars next to me (4 lanes of traffic, 2 each direction). I kept pushing on the air bag with one hand, trying to deflate it quicker, so that I would be able to see in front of me. When I finally got the air bag deflated enough to see out the windshield, I was able to get over into the right hand lane and pull aside. I removed the fuse to the horn as it was shorted out when the air bag deployed and continued on to my home. I contacted Ford Motor Co. And they issued a letter requesting a dealer to remove the rcm and send it to them. I have been unable to get a dealer to do this. Ford now wants to do no more. I have researched on the internet and discovered that there a lot a people who have had the same thing happen to them with this model. I remained calm when mine went off and avoided an accident. If this were to happen to someone who startles easy, this could result in a fatality.

- Springfiled, MO, USA

Mar 012014

An accident occurred and the car flipped numerous times. There were injuries involved the airbag didnt open up so this is faulty equipment.

- Greenville, SC, USA

Aug 272009

On August 27th of 2009 I was driving my 2007 Ford Escape while correcting my children in the back seat I hit a wet spot in the road and lost control of my vehicle I rolled 2 times and stopped with a front end collision. The seat belt did not catch causing me to bash my face into the steering wheel at least two times. The air bags also did not work either. Because of the faulty equipment it caused me to break my neck in 3 places and spending 2 weeks in the hospital having to have surgery with a metal rod and two screws....because of the defaulted equipment I still suffer from permanent nerve and muscle damage and chronic pain.

- Gilliam, MO, USA