Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2007 Ford Escape looks pretty good compared to other Ford Escape model years, but still has a trend of transmission problems, so it's not a model year we can recommend.

Also the base model Escape did not come with side airbags so it received a "Poor" rating from the IIHS for side impact protection. Other similar 2007 models like the Toyota RAV4, Honda CR-V & Hyundai Santa Fe scored far better.

2007 Ford Escape seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Ford Escape:

2007 Ford Escape Owner Comments

Aug 022007

Escape 4WD 4-cyl

I was traveling North and this person was going South, crossed the centerline and slammed into me, pushing me between two trees and totaling my vehicle. It was a head on collision and my airbag did not deploy and my seat belt did not restrain me from slamming my forehead into the steering wheel. I contacted Ford Motor Company and they told me they would do nothing and send no one to see why the air bag did not deploy. I ended up being brought by ambulance to the hospital where X-rays showed my neck was sprained and I had a scrape to my forehead from the steering wheel.

- Ishpeming, MI, USA