CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2007 Ford Escape looks pretty good compared to other Ford Escape model years, but still has a trend of transmission problems, so it's not a model year we can recommend.

Also the base model Escape did not come with side airbags so it received a "Poor" rating from the IIHS for side impact protection. Other similar 2007 models like the Toyota RAV4, Honda CR-V & Hyundai Santa Fe scored far better.

2.7

2007 Ford Escape wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Ford Escape:

2007 Ford Escape Owner Comments

May 162014

- Marcus Hook, PA, USA

Apr 142014

Escape

Driving down 452 North on my way to work at 8 am, my Continental tire on the passenger side blew up and cause moderate damage to my vehicles front quarter panel. Husband changed to the spare and I went and got it fixed at ron's discount tires in Delaware. To be continued on another incident that happened May 16th. While I was sleeping, a second Continental tire blew up and damaged the drivers side quarter panel severely. The explosion woke neighbors 2 streets over. My car had been parked for 13 hours and the conditions were 55 degrees and rainy. Contacted Continental tires and they are only willing to repair the drivers side of my vehicle because I didn't save the blown tire to mail to them.

- Marcus Hook, PA, USA

Aug 132010

Escape

I have a 2007 Ford Escape. I took it to the car was and my ABS lights and 4WD lights came on. I looked online and found several complaints of tone rings (ABS rings) being cracked. Sure enough my front left tone ring is cracked. I believe it happen on the conveyor at the car was. Still this is a common problem, even Ford dealers (two of them) agree. Why isn't this a recall? Ford is fixing it for $300.

- Topsham , ME, USA