2008 Ford Escape accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Ford Escape:

2008 Ford Escape Owner Comments

Feb 252013

While traveling down a open highway, the sunroof glass on the above vehicle (2008 Ford Escape) exploded for no apparent reason. The glass buckled upward when it broke. The outside temp was @60 degrees and cloudy. There were no other vehicles anywhere near. The above miles are appx.. I will be taking pictures for record.

- Biloxi, MS, USA

Nov 092009

11/09/09 7:20 a.M. I proceeded to go out to my 2008 Ford Escape XLT to start it when I did I heard a strange noise above me, I thought it was birds or something, I proceeded to slowly open the cover on my sunroof about 1 inch and noticed it looked shattered. I got out of the vehicle it looked like it exploded. The glass was like a volcano erupted. I have never seen anything like it before. I called rub Ford in gardner il they said it possible could of got hit by a rock, I stated the road was closed on each end due to road work on the spillway and no traffic was going by at the time due to the road was blocked off. I went to the nearest Ford dealer in el paso il heller and they said it could possible a rock, or frozen ice. But the temperature outside was in the 50's and I found no rock. And I do have a rather long concrete driveway from the road. I asked for copies of the paperwork the dealership had for Ford but they refused to give it to me saying it was private. Ironically the dealership technician told me it would cost $660 to replace the window when I have a 3 yr 30,000 bumper to bumper warranty if they get it from Ford it would take 2 wks but they could it from another source quicker for an additional $25 and get it in 1 day. So it made me feel like they knew it was a faulty glass. They did nothing to resolve this matter they told me to contact my insurance company. We have done a internet search and ironically there are a few people who have had their sunroofs shatter but to no avail Ford has done nothing to fix the matter. I was just lucky I wasn't driving at the time. Like the other consumers on the forum pages.

- Hudson, IL, USA