3.4

2008 Ford Escape accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Ford Escape:

2008 Ford Escape Owner Comments

Feb 282013

Escape 4-cyl

I turned on my seat warmer on driver's seat and heater, within a minute or so smoke started coming out bottom part of control panel where it meets the console. The smoke got worse. I was in the middle lane of heavy traffic and had a difficult time getting over to turn off and get stopped. By this time the smoke was quite bad (had electrical smell) I had all windows down & sun roof open. The car alarm went off, the heater would not turn off. I finally got stopped and got out of the vehicle. A lady pulled in to the church parking area where I was and called 911 for me. By this time you could see actual fire (flames) coming from the same spot as smoke. It was amazing how quickly it was in flames. The vehicle blew up. The fire department arrived in time to put out the fire. The only thing left is the metal shell and the tires. Nothing in the interior. All windows and sunroof blew out. Bumpers, lights, tail lights melted. Thanks Ford.

- Double Oak, TX, USA

Mar 192010

Escape

2008 Ford Escape limited, leather seats peeling.

- Orofino, ID, USA