2008 Ford Escape electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Ford Escape:

2008 Ford Escape Owner Comments (Page 5 of 5)

Aug 082008

The contact owns a 2008 Ford Escape. While backing out of a parking space at low speeds, the parking sensors failed. The alarm did not sound loud enough to alert the driver. The backup sensor failure occurs continuously when driving in reverse. There were no warnings prior to this failure. The vehicle was taken to the authorized dealer and they stated that the speakers were located in the interior rear of the vehicle, which may cause the alarm not to sound as loudly. The technician stated that the speakers could be relocated to the interior front of the vehicle at the contact's expense. The vehicle has not been repaired for the malfunction. The contact was concerned of the safety risk involved. The failure mileage was 50 and current mileage was 2,200. Updated 11-19-08 the consumer stated the problem has been fixed. Updated 11/19/08.

- Goldthwaite, TX, USA

Jan 252008

Escape 4-cyl

Total hybrid / gasoline system failure while vehicle is being driven.

- Bethpage, NY, USA

Aug 102007

Escape 6-cyl

About 2 months after I purchased my Escape, the tire pressure monitor light came on and the message center said "tire pressure monitor fault". at the same time the door ajar light and brake lights came on. I took it to the dealer and they couldn't find a thing wrong with it. It happened again, this time the volume on the stereo automatically goes down when I get the tire pressure message along with the air conditioner blowing hot air. It just got worse. I took it to the dealer this time and they kept my car for 3 weeks. They consulted Ford engineers and were in constant contact with Ford (who had no idea what was wrong with it). They finally decided to replace the whole computer. It didn't fail it happened again. But this time the car would just constantly beep, the most annoying thing in the world, and the doors don't automatically lock. As it got worse the dash has a mind of its own, somedays it doesn't light up other days it stays on all night. Thankfully it hasn't drained my battery. It has been to the dealer 4 times already and I have contacted an attorney to help me with a lemon law case. The dealer has no clue what is going on. The advisor said that I was the only Escape in the nation with this problem, but looking on the website mine is not the only one, there is at least one other one. My car is still doing this even more frequently. I have another two weeks before we hear from Ford about a repurchase. It's unfortunate, because I really love my Escape if it wasn't for this one major problem.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA