8.0

1. 4 hours of labor and realizing that a connection rusted out (1 reports)
2008 Ford Escape electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Ford Escape:

2008 Ford Escape Owner Comments

Feb 102011

Escape Limited V6

I bought this car (actually we bought 2 last year) used from Gates Nissan dealership North Windham, CT. The wrench symbol was lighted up, the book said it might be a problem with the differential. The car was taken to Columbia Ford for repair. He explained after 4 hours of searching that the existing "harness" had rusted out. I remember in the day we used to Ziebart, etc. rust proof our cars, but I was assured that we did not need to do this because of manufacturing practices. So no rustproofing was done however we did purchase the auto finish, leather protectorate package. I discussed this with the dealership Columbia Ford and Gates Nissan (where we bought our 2 2008 escapes. They said that a rust thru problem in the electrical system should not be a problem in a 2008 vehicle. Even the Ford dealership said this was very rare. Obviously my concern then became "Is rust a problem with this vehicle?" Ford said that it isn't. I would think that Ford could have helped with this repair in some fashion.Again they refuse and only say the decision was made and it's out of warranty, Yes it is out of warranty however a 2008 experiencing a rust through problem. I do know this I always purchase Toyota's before this and NEVER, NOT ONCE in 40 years of ownership experienced a cheap, unresponsive company like Ford. Does Ford care if I ever buy again, not hardly. Rest assured I will never buy Ford again and I will let everyone I see or speak to of there policy.

- , Ashford, CT, USA