2008 Ford Escape seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Ford Escape:

2008 Ford Escape Owner Comments

Dec 172013

The contact owns a 2008 Ford Escape. The contact stated that the seat belt pretensioner became stuck on every seat except the front passenger seat belt. Also, the contact mentioned that the air bag warning light continuously illuminated. The failure recurred multiple times. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, where it was diagnosed but not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of failure. The failure mileage was unknown.

- Genoa, IL, USA

Aug 252013

Escape 6-cyl

The seat belt didn't engage and the air bag didn't fully inflate then broke off and landed in the back sit.

- Gilbert , AZ, USA

Jun 222014

Escape 6-cyl

I have a 2008 Ford Escape and I can put the seats down for storage and when I tried and lifted the passenger seat up behind the drivers, the seat belt retractor won't release and I cannot put the seat up. I have tried a can of air and tapping on the retractor and this won't release the seat belt so I can put the seat up.

- Council Bluffss, IA, USA

Mar 012012

Escape 4-cyl

I was out with my children and we got into the vehical to leave our destination and my child could not buckle her seat belt becaue it locked on her. Now the seat belt is so tight to the seat that it is about to cut through the interior.

- Brucetonmills, WV, USA