2008 Ford Escape windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Ford Escape:

2008 Ford Escape Owner Comments

Sep 122014

In the last 12 months 3 of the 4 electric windows in my wife's Ford Escape have fallen into the door due to the regulators failing. I find it hard to believe that a recall for this equipment problem has not been called. In 2 of the incidents, the windows fell while being parked in a business parking lot which could've made the vehicle open to theft.

- Vidor, TX, USA

Feb 022009

Starting at around 15,000 miles my window regulator/motor broke in my 2008 Ford Escape. Currently in October of 2013 I have replaced all of the window regulators/motors (4 total) in my car. The windows broke at around 15,000 miles, 30,000 miles, 60,000 miles and now at 85,000 miles. When speaking with my Ford service advisor he has stated that this is a huge issue with the Ford Escapes and continues to say that is really should be a recall for this make/model. The last window broke when I was driving and sounded like a gun was fired at me and my drivers side window dropped, causing me to swerve in traffic. This is a major safety concern and should be a recall. As stated all 4 of my windows have now been replaced and they cost about $380 per window to replace. Ford customer care has been unresponsive to this issue and they should be held accountable for the lack of safety of the window motors/regulators which creates an unsafe environment for the driver and all passengers in this Ford model. I would strongly encourage NHTSA to review this claim seriously and recall this part, as Ford is creating an unsafe environment for all individuals driving this car.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Jul 142013

Escape 6-cyl

The window just fell down inside the door. I wasn't in the vehicle at the time. This could have happened while I was driving down the road. I searched online and several other Escape owners have experienced the same malfunction. I initially thought that someone had broke into my vehicle. If Ford is aware of this problem, why haven't they remedied the problem? if this would have happened while I was driving in the rain, for instance, it would have been a disaster.

- Memphis, TN, USA