4.8

2009 Ford Escape fuel system problems

2009 Ford Escape Owner Comments

Jun 102012

Escape Limited 3.2L

i believe rain is being blown in past the fuel door. all last summer the check engine light would come on periodically . only after rain storms blew through. my guess is that the rain is being blown past the fuel door contaminating the fuel! runs rough then also !!

- , Reddeer, AB, canada

Apr 052012

Escape

Fuel Check Inlet light went on. I brought in the car to dealership to be fixed.. They first tried to say it was not covered because I must have been hit. Since I wasn't hit and there was no outside damage they said they would fix it. I waited for the part and the engine light went on. I was told it was related. Got the car back and 2 days later the check fuel light came back on!!! Back to the dealer..:( !!!!!!!!!

- , Bayonne, NJ, USA

May 302011

Escape XL

The "Fuel Fill Inlet" alert came on once I put gas in my vehicle after not being driven for 2 weeks. I followed the instructions in the owner's manual to insert the funnel into gas tank. This did nothing to change the alert even after the next time I fueled up. Eventually the check engine light came on. I took it to an advanced auto to have the diagnostics run and the guy reset the light. The "Fuel Fill Inlet" alert went away....for a few weeks.

- , Atlanta, GA, USA

Jul 112011

Escape XL

"Fuel Fill Inlet" alert came back on (after being off for a few weeks) and eventually the check engine light came on. Tried the funnel trick again, to no avail.

Update from Nov 7, 2011: The "Fuel Fill Inlet" alert came on once I put gas in my vehicle after not being driven for 2 weeks. I followed the instructions in the owner's manual to insert the funnel into gas tank. This did nothing to change the alert even after the next time I fueled up. Eventually the check engine light came on, the last time this happened, I took it to an advanced auto to have the diagnostics run and the guy reset the light. I have decided to take it to the dealership to get whatever it is fixed. More updates to follow.

- , Atlanta, GA, USA

Feb 242011

Escape XLT I4

Engine light came on, had it reset and problem still occurs. Fuel inlet door and spring appear free of debris and working properly. Vehicle is only 2 years old, so would not think it is part deterioration.

- , Livonia, MI, USA