2009 Ford Escape lights problems

lights problem

2009 Ford Escape Owner Comments

Jul 262013

Escape 6-cyl

I was driving on a two lane rt, speed limit 55mph at 9pm, no lighting along rt, accelerating to keep up speed going up a hill, the car started to slow down. Pulling over to my right (off the road ) putting on my flashers, was now at a complete stop was hit in rear left doing damage to my car and the car that hit me.the car that hit me left the seen of the accident. No warning this was going to happen.towed car to a Ford dealer and had fixed, internal throttle body failure, lucky to be alive.

- Staten Island, NY, USA

Jun 152011

Escape

Light bulbs (brake, turn signal, 3rd brake light) are burning out after only a short time. Appears to be burn marks near base of bulb, seems they are burning too hot/too much current. These bulbs were only 2 years old, with 22000 miles on vehicle. Both rear brake/turn signal part of the 3157 bulbs burned out. One of the bulbs in the 3rd brake light burned out already. I replaced the 2 brake/turn signal bulbs myself and to pass inspection, had to have dealer replace 1 of the 3rd brake bulbs that was burned out, which was outrageously expensive. ($20).

- Glen Mills, PA, USA