2009 Ford Escape suspension problems

suspension problem

2009 Ford Escape Owner Comments

Aug 242016

Hoy en la MAÑana cambiÉ la rueda de repuesto Y resulta que la gata SE aislÓ, cayÓ, ventajosamente no estuve bajo el vehiculo, la gata no sirve ahora, pude haber muerto a causa de esta falla de fabrica del artefacto. Terrible el problema, exijo una solucion.

- Quito, KS, USA

Mar 142016

The contact owns a 2009 Ford Escape. While driving various speeds, the vehicle vibrated violently without warning. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the technician stated that the motor mounts may have prematurely fractured and may need to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 60,000. The VIN was not available.

- Hamden, CT, USA

Nov 232015

My 2009 Ford Escape has difficulty getting enough momentum to accelerate on the highway, this is a daily struggle. Yesterday I was trying to pass an 18-wheeler as it was drifting into my lane; as I eagerly pressed on the gas my car jumped and continued to coast at the same speed. Earlier this month, I had to decelerate from 40 mph to a fairly abrupt stop and my car was unable to. I just had my brake pads replaced so I knew that wasn't the problem, my car jolted a total of 7 times before coming to a complete stop. I almost crashed into the car in front of me. Every time I drive my car it sounds like its going to fall apart, the rattling coming from the suspension is constant. I get my Ford Escape checked up every month, because of all the problems I have. This car is a hazard to my safety, and I do not feel comfortable driving in this rolling plastic death trap. It's infuriating that the government claims a defective electronic throttle body to be not harmful enough to have a recall. I could have died from in both instances which I specified in this complaint, something needs to be done about this.

- Oxford, MS, USA

Oct 172015

Power steering has gone out have replace front inner bearing, transmission lines, keep up on all my maintained records since I bought the vehicle in Sept 2014' and have all other maintain economic records.

- Welch, WV, USA

Nov 282014

Escape 4WD 6-cyl

I had taken my SUV in for a routine, annual inspection and was unaware of any issues as I have routine maintenance completed on the car in addition to taking it back to Ford to fix the various recall/safety items, the last of which was < 6 months prior. My mechanic called to ell me the struts and shocks were completely rusted and at the point of disintegration; the car not only would not pass inspection without a costly repair ($1419.08) but presented an immediate hazard to drive even 2 blocks back to my house or a few miles to the dealer. The mechanic further advised that this is an issue he has seen repeatedly with Ford at about the 5 mark. He further shared that in the last case which he had to repair, the parts had disintegrated while the owner was driving and blew out his tires. I do not know if the driver was injured or if the vehicle crashed. I do know that I am very glad my vehicle was inspected and the issue identified before I met with the same fate. I have contacted Ford more times than I can count at the dealer level, the regional customer service manager, as well as the general customer service line by phone and have emailed Ford customer service (general as well as regional) and have only had one group point the finger at the other in terms of who is responsible for the cost. Beyond the cost of repairs, I see this as a serious safety issue I hope someone will investigate before someone is seriously hurt or killed as a result of poor quality parts. I am 53 years old; I do not nor have I ever driven off road. If there is snow, I do not drive an work from home. I do not recall the last time I was within 50 miles of an ocean in the SUV so I am not certain what would cause a failure of such magnitude aside from poor quality.

- Glenolden, PA, USA

May 212013

Rear swaybar subframe mount bracket detached from subframe welding. Faulty welding is the defect and causing a safety issue.

- Kingsport, TN, USA

Feb 222012

Escape 6-cyl

In February 2012 (mileage approx 32900), I experienced jerking upon accelerating as my 2009 Ford Escape was changing gears. The dealer assessed it as a computer malfunction and reprogrammed the computer. My wife and I have had intermittent problems with jerking upon accelerating since. Then, on 10/20/2012 (mileage approx 38000), the vehicle stalled when my wife was accelerating to enter traffic on the interstate highway. Thankfully, she was able to get out of traffic without getting hit, and she and our 18 month old are ok. The dealership is replacing the throttle body. Not only was acceleration a problem, the seals on the front axle broke and spilled axle fluid on the drivers side, so the dealer is refilling the axle fluid and replacing the seals.

- Windcrest, TX, USA