2010 Ford Escape body / paint problems

2010 Ford Escape Owner Comments

Jul 022015

Escape

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Escape. The contact was unable to exit the vehicle from the hatchback. The contact was unable to replace the flasher and brake lights because of the hatchback door failure. The vehicle was taken to a dealer, but was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 45,000.

- Grayson, GA, USA

Jul 222015

Escape

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Escape. While attempting to utilize the liftgate, it failed to open without warning. The vehicle was taken to the dealer but was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The failure mileage was 87,000.

- Macomb-Township, MI, USA

Apr 012014

Escape 4-cyl

The back hatch will not open. There's no clicking sound when locking or unlocking. The window does open and close.

- Redondo Beach, CA, USA

Oct 022013

Escape

This is now the third issue with my 2010 Ford Escape where the rear window shatters while closing the gate. This is a known issue with Ford and they will not fix. Glass shatters into thousands of pieces and projects 10-15 feet in any given direction. Yet, Ford will do nothing to fix. This is very unsafe where I have had glass shot at my face and I also have a dog that is often put in the back of the vehicle. The only way Ford will do something is if I pay. I also wonder how many people have not filed complaints thinking this is a fluke accident and may have gone through insurance. I know it is no fluke since this is the third time this has happened and talking with Ford they acknowledge the issue. There should be a recall on this vehicle. I have filed two other complaints with the NHTSA.

- Holbrook, MA, USA

Jun 052013

Escape 4-cyl

The rear hatch does not open due to a faulty actuator. All Escapes have this issue since 2001 but Ford has not corrected the problem and does not offer assistance. This is dangerous because if this is the only way to Escape from your vehicle in an accident you will not be able to. Also there is no way to open the rear hatch from the inside.

- Droado, PR, USA

Feb 222013

Escape

On Feb 22, 2013 I experienced a problem with my 2010 Ford Escape, while closing the rear liftgate my back window completely shattered - resulting in my having to replace the window which cost me $466.83. After some research on the internet, I found the Ford knows of this problem and it has happened on other vehicles - my problem occurred while the vehicle was stationary and also in the early morning hours. I also incurred minor cuts and lacerations due to cleaning up the broken glass. I believe since Ford Motor Co. Knew of this problem and failed to notify owners of this, I should be entitled for reimbursement of the cost for repairing the window, since it was a defected product.

- Willow Springs, IL, USA

Dec 112012

Escape 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Escape. The contact stated upon closing the rear lift gate, the glass shattered outwardly. The vehicle was in the process of being repaired by an authorized dealer. The manufacturer was notified of the problem and did not offer any assistance. The approximate failure mileage was 17,936...updated 01/30/13 updated 2/5/2013

- West Carrollton, OH, USA

Feb 152012

Escape

2010 Ford Escape back hatch and window fail to open. This is a keyless window and hatch. Ford dealership wants to charge $380 to repair. Ford does not have a manual or secondary system to open the back hatch and/or window. This fail has rendered the back portion of the Escape useless. In an emergency, a secondary manual opening device from the interior and exterior needs to be retro-fitted, after market by Ford. The dealership where we purchased the vehicle, has no interest in resolving this obvious engineering blunder.

- Oxnard, CA, USA