2010 Ford Escape miscellaneous problems

2010 Ford Escape Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Oct 202010

Escape

New 2010 Ford Escape XLT, 4 cylinder, was purchased in September, 2010. During late October, 2010, a noise became evident when starting from a stopped position. The noise sounds like a brief rubbing noise. Weather does not appear to be a factor. The vehicle was examined at least twice by the dealer who denied hearing the noise and determined it was not a safety concern. One explanation given by the dealer is that it could be the result of the amount of pressure the driver uses on the gas and break pedals. The noise has occurred with various drivers, so I do not agree with the dealers explanation. The noise continues as of this date.

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Jul 092011

Escape

I drove my 2010 Ford Escape to the olympic penninsula from seattle on a sunny 70 degree day (taking the bremerton ferry to save on mileage) and drove one hour to my property in lilliwaup on a paved road. After unpacking the the Escape I closed the back hatch as usual and it exploded blowing a million pieces of glass 10 feet in all directions. I had my daughter and 3 yr old twin grandsons with me who were standing closeby. Miraculousy none of us were hurt but we were all very scared and shaken! it was like a bomb went off in the back of the vehicle. Glass was still hanging from the window frame and the wiper and struts were dangling outside. It took me 2-3 hrs to clean up the glass from the car and the property. I duct taped the edges of the frame so any remaining glass would not blow back in when I drove home and put socks on the struts so as not to scratch the paint. Luckily it was not raining on the way home as it often does in seattle. I googled the problem when I got home and found out that there are 18 other complaints about the same problem on this vehicle. I drove my Escape to bill pierre Ford service center today and told my story and they are replacing for free and giving me a free rental car until the new back window comes in which they said would be 2-3 weeks! they said they just had another 2010 Ford Escape there with the same problem. This can be life threatening if it explodes again and hits someone in the face or body and I want to make sure that it never happens again to anyone! I want Ford Motor Company to publicly acknowledge this problem and fix it! I also want to make sure that the new window I am getting is safe. I have my grandsons with me in this vehicle all the time.

- Seattle, WA, USA

Jul 092011

- Seattle, WA, USA

Apr 082011

Escape 6-cyl

I was driving my 2010 Ford Escape at apx 45 mph and a loud explosion occured turns out my sun roof glass exploded for no apparent reason.

- Michigan, MI, USA

Jun 292010

Escape

2010 Ford Escape. Consumer expresses discontent regarding the denial of a grab handle for her disability in the vehicle the consumer was told that if she purchased the vehicle, a grab handle would be installed. However, that turned out to false. No one was willing to install the grab handle as the consumer was informed it would effect the structure of the vehicle in case of a roll over accident.

- Canton, OH, USA