2010 Ford Escape seat belts / air bags problems

2010 Ford Escape Owner Comments

Aug 292016

Escape

Takata recall / Ford defective product low mileage Escape involved in a frontal crash and rear ended another vehicle (2005 accura) and the air bag system failed to deploy. $13,000 Escape was totaled. This is unacceptable.

- Charlotte, NC, USA

May 252016

Takata recall

- Fort Lee, NJ, USA

Oct 202014

Escape

Every time I ask for, recalls look up by VIN it goes to a screen that says, internet Explorer cannot display the web page. I am trying to find out if there is a recall on my vehicle for the airbags, I have a 2010 Ford Escape.

- Fort Wayne, IN, USA

May 182014

Escape 6-cyl

The dashboard air bag light came on, stayed lit for a few seconds and went off. As time has elapsed, the light comes on more frequently. Because the car only had 45-46,000 miles, I did not believe it was a problem. The light was diagnosed 2 days ago at rod baker Ford, plainfield il. I was told by robert that when illuminated, the air bags will not deploy because the air bag module has a short. He also stated he has seen and heard of this before but because it has not happened to more owners, Ford does not consider this a candidate for a recall. My car now has 49,000 miles and I'm faced with a $1,000 repair bill for a key safety system. I understand computerized systems may have more problems but do not believe safety systems should be held to the same 3 year/36,000 mile warranty as something like the radio or power windows. Air bags not deploying is, apparently, not as serious as the back window. I will have the repairs made when the part is available. After owning new Ford products for the past 42 years, this will be my last.

- Lockport, IL, USA

Dec 102009

Escape

Air bag system spontaneously deployed while car was in motion- vehicle was not involved in collision- just driving down road.

- Royal Oak , MI, USA