2.6

2011 Ford Escape brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Ford Escape:

2011 Ford Escape Owner Comments

Nov 072016

Escape

Ford consumer satisfaction program 13N03. Related to etb. Car randomly would not accelerate - had to pull over three times while driving on the highway to turn car on and off. After turning car on, it was like nothing had happened.

- Langhorne, PA, USA

Feb 202016

Escape

My traction control light has repeating came on and off as well as upon pressing the acceleration a feeling of noise is noticeable. This has caused me to be very concern with the safety of driving on 30+ minute commutes daily. I have taken my car to the shop with nothing detectable yet the noise and light persist.

- Flossmoor, IL, USA

Mar 112014

Escape 4-cyl

I was driving at 11 pm on a country road, when my vehicle just stopped, I coasted around a corner and put on my flashers. I was in the middle of no where and it was very dark. This is the third time this has happened to this vehicle. I contacted Ford road side emergency service and they informed my vehicle was no longer under warranty for towing and I would have to pay for the wrecker. I had just got the vehicle out of the shop from the Ford dealer for the same problem, which they had for over two weeks because they said they were waiting on a part because they said it was the fuel pump and no one had one so they had to order it. I got the car out that day about 11am, which I had to pay $176, plus over $30.. for a rental for 5 days, that's all they would cover. I had to sat in the dark and rain for two hours waiting on a wrecker in the middle of the road. I am 67 years old and thank goodness my sister in law was with me, because I don't know what would have happened. The wrecker towed my vehicle to Ford and I am waiting on them to open so I can call them so they can tell me what is wrong.

- Dayton, TX, USA

Oct 012014

Escape 4WD 4-cyl

When driving the steering wheel seems hard to control. The SUV seems to sputter as I press on the accelerator, and the engine (motor) seems to miss when acceleration is between 20 and 40 mph. Next, when accelerating past 60 the engine missing or (cutting out symptom) occurs.

- High Point, NC, USA

Jun 222014

Escape 4-cyl

My Ford 2011 Escape just completely stalled out driving home. I was on the highway going about 65 mph when it just sputtered and died. I think I even had it on cruise control. It was extremely dangerous and I had to pull over in the middle of traffic. I forced the car into park and turned it off when it kept sputtering. Once I restarted the engine it drove some more but did the same thing about 3 minutes from my house. Turning the truck off then back on seemed to work...I'm taking into the Ford dealership today to have the look at it but I think it is the throttle body...

- San Marcos, TX, USA

Feb 232014

Escape 6-cyl

I have no idea what part is bad.... I was driving on a open highway and all of a sudden I had no speed, it was as if I had taken my foot off the accelerator, I was able to get it off the highway but when it was idling, it was running really rough. After setting for awhile it seemed to run ok but of course being a lady I am very uncomfortable driving it now. My husband took it to our dealer, astorg Ford, they said it was the throttle body and they would replace the defected part but didn't have it in stock, they would get it in a few days but still sent it back home for me to drive and of course I will not drive it till it is fixed, I think it was bad on their part to send the Escape back to me the way it is. Thank you

- Elizabeth, WV, USA

Aug 022013

Escape 6-cyl

While driving at 45 mph, engine cut out but remained idling with no power. Pulled to side of road, shut car off then restarted while in "park" gear position. Traveled 1500 miles without incident, then engine lost power on 08/12/2013 while traveling 70 mph on freeway. Pulled to side of freeway and restarted car while in "park." Car ran fine for another 1500 miles, then on 09/06/2013 began losing power several times while going 30 mph (odometer was at 28,944). Limped home and called Lincoln/Ford dealership and arranged for tow. Car is presently at dealership waiting for warranty repair; "throttle body assembly" on order. There was no recall notice sent to me regarding this Ford Escape engine fault. The freeway loss of power incident put family in extreme danger while attempting to get to side of road.

- Naples, FL, USA

Aug 292013

Escape 6-cyl

Car slowing down to a stop and the cuts off in the middle of driving around 3/4 had to put foot on brake and gas at same time.

- Ionesboro, GA, USA

Jul 072012

Escape 6-cyl

I was driving to work on a Saturday when all of a sudden my car stopped working. Completely turned off and I had to find a way to quickly pull the vehicle on the side of the road. I waited several minutes, tried to start the car again with no success.then I called my insurance company and towed the car to the nearest Ford dealership. I was told there was noting wrong with the car, just the fuel injection needed to be cleaned. Several months later, I experienced the same episode. My husband both some fuel injection cleaner again, but the car still stoles. I do drive a lot with two children, and I am constantly concern something bad will happen on the road.

- Lehigh Acres, FL, USA