Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2012 Ford Escape has an acceptable complaint history so far, with leaking rear window problems showing up as the main concern so far. NHTSA complaint data shows an early pattern of problems with stalling while driving.

Another concern is the 2012 Escape rolled onto its roof during an NHTSA side impact test so it only received a marginal side impact rating ... not good.

2012 Ford Escape accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Ford Escape:

2012 Ford Escape Owner Comments

May 282013

Escape 4-cyl

On 6 different occasions door latches have been replaced, I've been locked in and out of my vehicle, my husband is disable and I had to climb through the hatch back to get doors to open. I am afraid of this vehicle, if it catches fire will I get out? I feel this is a death trap and Ford is just soothing my feathers to keep me happy. Also, I was sold a 2012 4X4 vehicle, however my vehicle is not a 4X4. The dealership said they go by VIN, this one is wrong!

- Marble Falls, AR, USA