- January 26: Ford Recalls Ranger Trucks After Driver Killed by Airbag recalls | 14 days ago
- January 22: Ford Ranger Driver Killed by Takata Airbag in South Carolina news | 18 days ago
- January 19: Ford Focus Door Latch Problems Earn Investigation investigations | 21 days ago
- January 10: Investigation Closed Into Ford Edge 22-Inch Alloy Wheels investigations | 30 days ago
- December 29: Ford Recalls 10,000 Vehicles For Engine Problems and Fire Risk recalls | 42 days ago
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013 Ford Escape has been in the news quite a bit and for all the wrong reasons. Within a few months of its release the SUV was recalled three times, twice because of engine fires.
In July 2012, due to a fuel line that could split and leak, Ford told owners to park their cars because even driving to the dealership for repairs was deemed too dangerous. Instead, in a somewhat unprecedented move, Ford sent tow trucks to pick up the affected vehicles and handed out rental cars while the owners waited for repairs.
A few months later the Escape was recalled again because antifreeze could leak out onto the engine due to a freeze plug becoming dislodged. As the coolant hit the hot engine there was, once again, a threat for fire.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 22,666 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 2 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (1 reports)
- upgrade the software and "reprogram" (1 reports)
accessories - interior problem