- June 26: Investigation Into Vacuum Assist Pumps in Ford F-150 Trucks
- June 24: Ford Recalls 203,000 Escape SUVs and Transit Connect Vans
- June 23: Ford 5.4 Liter Spark Plug Lawsuit
- June 7: Ford Fusion Hybrid MPG Lawsuit Says Advertised MPG Is Wrong
- May 27: Ford Recalls 443,000 Ford, Lincoln and Mercury Cars
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013 Ford Escape has been in the news quite a bit and for all the wrong reasons. Within a few months of its release the SUV was recalled three times, twice because of engine fires.
In July 2012, due to a fuel line that could split and leak, Ford told owners to park their cars because even driving to the dealership for repairs was deemed too dangerous. Instead, in a somewhat unprecedented move, Ford sent tow trucks to pick up the affected vehicles and handed out rental cars while the owners waited for repairs.
A few months later the Escape was recalled again because antifreeze could leak out onto the engine due to a freeze plug becoming dislodged. As the coolant hit the hot engine there was, once again, a threat for fire.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 22,666 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 2 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (1 reports)
- upgrade the software and "reprogram" (1 reports)
accessories - interior problem