- October 16: MyFord Touch Lawsuit Certified Class-Action in Nine States news | 6 days ago
- October 16: Ford Says Power Steering Lawsuit Shouldn't Be a Class-Action news | 6 days ago
- October 12: Ford Edge and Lincoln Continental Recalled recalls | 10 days ago
- October 4: Feds Investigate Brake Failures in 2015-2016 Ford F-150 Trucks investigations | 18 days ago
- October 4: Ford Throttle Body Problems Lead to Lawsuit news | 18 days ago
NHTSA — Structure: Body: Tailgate Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013 Ford Escape has been in the news quite a bit and for all the wrong reasons. Within a few months of its release the SUV was recalled three times, twice because of engine fires.
In July 2012, due to a fuel line that could split and leak, Ford told owners to park their cars because even driving to the dealership for repairs was deemed too dangerous. Instead, in a somewhat unprecedented move, Ford sent tow trucks to pick up the affected vehicles and handed out rental cars while the owners waited for repairs.
A few months later the Escape was recalled again because antifreeze could leak out onto the engine due to a freeze plug becoming dislodged. As the coolant hit the hot engine there was, once again, a threat for fire.
2.5hardly worth mentioning
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 61,000 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
body / paint problem