- July 28: Ford Police Interceptor Carbon Monoxide Leaks Will Be Fixed news | 1 days ago
- July 27: NHTSA Ford Explorer Exhaust Manifold Investigation Upgraded investigations | 2 days ago
- July 26: Austin, Texas: 60 Carbon Monoxide Detectors Activate in Ford Police SUVs news | 3 days ago
- July 26: Ford Recalls 117,000 F-150, E-Series, Escape and Lincoln MKC Vehicles recalls | 3 days ago
- July 23: Ford Transit Driveshaft Flexible Coupling Lawsuit Filed news | 6 days ago
NHTSA — Power Train Problems
2013 Ford Escape (Page 3 of 3)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013 Ford Escape has been in the news quite a bit and for all the wrong reasons. Within a few months of its release the SUV was recalled three times, twice because of engine fires.
In July 2012, due to a fuel line that could split and leak, Ford told owners to park their cars because even driving to the dealership for repairs was deemed too dangerous. Instead, in a somewhat unprecedented move, Ford sent tow trucks to pick up the affected vehicles and handed out rental cars while the owners waited for repairs.
A few months later the Escape was recalled again because antifreeze could leak out onto the engine due to a freeze plug becoming dislodged. As the coolant hit the hot engine there was, once again, a threat for fire.
The 2013 is the first model year of the Escape's 3rd generation and proves once again that you want to avoid the first model year when at all possible.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 3 / 4
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 2 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 22,603 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints: