- January 13: Ford Recalls 816,000 Vehicles to Replace Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 8 days ago
- January 1: Ford Power Steering Lawsuit Denied Class-Action Certification news | 20 days ago
- December 27: Ford Fusion and Mercury Milan ABS Problems Investigated investigations | 25 days ago
- December 21: Ford Recalls 9,400 Vehicles in 3 Recalls recalls | 31 days ago
- December 2: Ford Recalls 680,000 Fusion, Mondeo and Lincoln MKZ Cars recalls | 50 days ago
Trailer Brake Controller Destroys Electrical System
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013 Ford Escape has been in the news quite a bit and for all the wrong reasons. Within a few months of its release the SUV was recalled three times, twice because of engine fires.
In July 2012, due to a fuel line that could split and leak, Ford told owners to park their cars because even driving to the dealership for repairs was deemed too dangerous. Instead, in a somewhat unprecedented move, Ford sent tow trucks to pick up the affected vehicles and handed out rental cars while the owners waited for repairs.
A few months later the Escape was recalled again because antifreeze could leak out onto the engine due to a freeze plug becoming dislodged. As the coolant hit the hot engine there was, once again, a threat for fire.
The 2013 is the first model year of the Escape's 3rd generation and proves once again that you want to avoid the first model year when at all possible.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 4,956 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 1 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (1 reports)