7.1

2014 Ford Escape brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Ford Escape:

2014 Ford Escape Owner Comments

Nov 152016

Escape

This car has less than 44 miles and is all breaking down, when the battery when down all electrical parts are not working correctly windows are going up and down with out pushing the button, lights turn on and of by then self's, is just to new to happen all this problem, ha money that they charge (dealer ) is to expensive, and I suppose paid every maintenance for inspection to see if my car is doing ok, last time they inspected and didnt see the battery problem, the missing screw in the container of refrigerant, and low oil level in the brake container. That not have warranty any more, like they know all ready that it will be problem with the electrical part. I think this cars are the worse when they are electricall or to much "technology" I was in los angeles area far awy from home and a place that seem dangerous..... it wasnt safety to be in that place with my broken new car. T this should be a recall to see id electrical are working correctly, this now is going a cost a fortune, ...this is not right, I didnt feel safe since my windows was open, was in the night and near to a liquor store and rehab center. People acting estrange asking for money, could not close my windows

- Garden Grove, CA, USA

Aug 312015

Escape

I had a recall performed that included software. Prior to this I had a digital readout of my speedometer. After the recall the reading I got became average speed. With the digital read I could get quick update on speed. The average speed is absolutely useless. I notified Ford. They opened case cas-7804630. Subsequent E-mail from them then recorded case closed. Unsatisfactory. Case filed on 08/31/2015.

- Melbourne, FL, USA

Jun 042014

Escape

The contact owns a 2014 Ford Escape. The contact stated that the vehicle was stopped on a hill when the air bag, ABS and electronic stability control indicators illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where they stated that the rcm needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired and the manufacturer was notified. The failure mileage was 11,000.

- Mahwah, NJ, USA