- April 11: Ford Recalls 435,000 Escapes For Rusted Subframes
- March 4: Ford Agrees to Fix 1,600,000 Cars That 'Limp Home'
- February 8: Ford Wants Class-Action Lawsuit Thrown Out
- February 6: Congrats Chrysler! Most Recalls of 2013
- February 5: Investigation Closed Into Steering Gear Problems in Ford Trucks
- January 21: 10 Out of 11 Minicars Flunk Crash Test
- January 19: Ford Recalls Vehicles for Steering and Windshield Problems
2014 Ford Escape
1 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 2014 Ford Escape
Official recall notices have been issued for the 2014 Ford Escape by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions. It's important to note that most recalls won't cost you anything to get fixed, so if your car is affected you should call an authorized Ford service shop immediately!
2014 Ford Escape SEATS:FRONT ASSEMBLY:RECLINER NHTSA Campaign #14V164000
Summary: Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain model year 2013-2014 Ford Fusion and Lincoln MKZ vehicles manufactured August 15, 2012, through September 10, 2013, 2013-2014 Ford Escape vehicles manufactured June 5, 2012, through August 12, 2013, and 2013-2014 Ford C-Max vehicles manufactured from July 23, 2012, through May 28, 2013. The driver and passenger seatback assemblies may have been produced with sub-standard weld joints used to attach the seat back recliner mechanism to the seat frame. The affected seat backs may have insufficient strength to meet the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 207, "Seating Systems."
Consequence: The back of the subject seats may become loose or lean while driving and potentially increase the risk of injury in certain crashes.
Actions: Ford will notify owners, and dealers will replace the seatback, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin around May 19, 2014. Owners may contact Ford at 1-800-392-3673. Ford's number for this recall is 14C03. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #14V164000 »