2014 Ford Escape suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Ford Escape:

2014 Ford Escape Owner Comments

Nov 192014

Escape 4-cyl

My wife pulled up driveway, I happened to be outside next to car when she pulled in. We suddenly heard loud crunching sound and she stopped. When we found nothing I asked her to back up. We heard crunching sound again and she said the steering wheel was not controlling car. She immediately stopped. We discovered right front wheel pushed against tire well of body frame. Next day when tow truck lifted car, we discovered the ball joint assembly had come apart. Perry Ford (san diego) confirmed ball joint appears to have come apart without any obvious sign of damage due to impact or driver fault. Note: My wife had just come off freeway, traveling 15 miles from work and 1 mile from off ramp to our home. If she had been just another 5 min on freeway traveling 65-70mph...I hate to imagine what would have happened. Please investigate this matter with Ford.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Feb 012013

Escape 4-cyl

I bought this vehicle from stivers Ford in montgomery, al. On Jan. 20, 2014. This vehicle shake at low speed and high speed. I told by dealership that it would stop but it has gotten worse. This vehicle ride worst than the 2006 model I traded in.

- Montgomery, AL, USA

Sep 252013

Picked up my brand new car, Ford Escape S 2014, and had the ac system running, when I turned the ac of a strange noise was audible from the rear end of the car. I took the car back to the dealership and was told it would be an easy fix. Apparently two screws had to be tightened at the shock and suspension. After leaving the dealership with the fixed car¯ it took about 10 min to hear the noise again. There is obviously a problem. I will take the care back again to see what the next step is. Very disappointed.

- Richardson, TX, USA