8.2

2014 Ford Escape windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Ford Escape:

2014 Ford Escape Owner Comments

Dec 212013

Escape

I was traveling on the hwy at 70mph and heard what sounded like a shotgun blast. I looked around and heard what ended up being glass falling into my rear seat. My rear panoramic glass had shattered and blown upward in a way I've never seen before and I had no idea what caused it, as there were only clothes and a box in the rear seat. I took it to Ford and made a claim which was denied. I am confident this problem is a manufacturing defect, but Ford says this breakage would only happen upon installation due to using tempered glass. I don't believe that because nothing hit mine and still, it shattered. I also have a leaking roof, which may be related to this problem.

- Pomona Park, FL, USA